Property Management Agreement
THIS AGREEMENT is entered into by and between MEER AND COMPANY, INC., herein after called “Agent” and _______________________herein after called “Owner”. In order to induce the Agent to enter into this agreement, Owner hereby represents to Agent that Owner is/are the owner(s) of the following property, herein after called “Premises”. Address: ___________________________________________________________________________ In consideration of this representation and the fees to be paid, Agent agrees to act as management agent with respect to this property, subject to and in accordance with the terms and provisions set forth below.
A. A leasing fee of fifty percent (50%) of one month’s rent shall be charged on the acquisition of each new tenant, not to exceed a charge for two new tenants per calendar year. A releasing/renewal fee in the amount of one hundred dollars ($100.00) shall be charged every time an existing tenant extends their occupancy for a new lease term.
B. A monthly management fee shall be charged for each individual living unit, ten percent (10%) of the agreed collection monthly rent, payable on the first day of each month, other than the month for which the leasing fee is collected.
C. Any interest earned on any tenant’s security deposit shall be retained by Agent as an additional fee.
D. Any late charge; interest collected from the tenant shall be retained by Agent as an additional fee as described in Paragraph IV.B.
A. Owner hereby authorizes Agent to rent Premises, at a monthly rent of $____________ for a minimum term of 12 months. In the event that Agent is unable to rent Premises at the above rental amount, Agent is hereby authorized to lower said rent to $ per month.
B. All utility charges, as appropriate, shall be paid by the tenant during tenant’s occupancy. Water charges shall be paid by ______ . Owner understands that should utilities not be paid by Tenant; the utility company will require payment from Owner of those charges.
C. Pets □ shall □ shall not be allowed, limited as follows: __________________________.
D. Agent shall collect a minimum amount equal to one month’s rent as a security deposit from all tenants. The security deposit shall be maintained in the escrow account of Agent.
E. Owner shall deposit with Agent an advertising fund in the amount of two hundred dollars ($200.00) which shall be deposited to Owner’s account. The unused balance of these funds will be returned to Owner.
Agent shall pay, OUT OF OWNER’S FUNDS ON HAND, the following as they accrue and in the order here set out:
A. Agent’s compensation, as set forth in Paragraph I.
B. Such advertising and the utility bills (including gas, electric, and water), necessary repairs and/or charges to maintain Premises, and cleaning charges as shall accrue or be necessary to preserve Premises during periods of vacancy or occupancy, or to put Premises in a rentable condition after vacated; or expenses to regain possession and/or attempt to collect the delinquent rent subject to the provisions set forth below; or necessary professional fees; or governmental assessments.
C. Proceeds to Owner: Tenancy revenues, refunds, adjustments, or other funds due to Owner shall be sent via ACH to Bank on or before the 25th day of each month.
D. IT IS EXPRESSLY AGREED THAT NOTHING HEREIN CONTAINED SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS REQUIRING AGENT TO ADVANCE ANY OF ITS OWN MONEYS FOR ANY PURPOSE WHATSOEVER.
A. GRANT OF POWER: Subject to the limitations set forth herein, Owner grants Agent full power and authority to lease, let, rent and demise Premises described, or any part thereof, in its own name as Agent for Owner. In order to effectuate same, Agent may enter into such written contracts and/or lease as Agent deems necessary, in its own name as Agent for Owner. Agent may collect and receive all rents arising as Agent’s management of Premises. Agent may use such means as are ordinary and customary in collecting or attempting to collect any delinquent accounts. Agent may, at its discretion evict any tenant who violates any terms of the lease. Owner hereby assigns to Agent any and all delinquent rents which may accrue from any tenant for the purpose of crediting such rents to Owner’s operating account for required disbursement.
B. COLLECTION OF RENT:
- Agent shall use which means as are ordinary and customary to collect or attempt to collect any rent from any tenant of Premises. In the event that legal action is necessary to obtain judgment for possession of Premises, delinquent rents, or damages upon other causes of action, Agent is authorized to employ attorneys, to sue in its own name as Agent for Owner, and to expend the sum of three hundred dollars ($300.00) from the Owner’s account for such purposes without Owner’s prior permission. Additionally, Agent will, when requested by Owner, instigate action, legal or otherwise, for the collection of rents which is beyond the discretion heretofor allowed to Agent, provided such action is considered reasonable by the Agent.
- AGENT SHALL NOT BE HELD MONITARILY RESPOSIBLE FOR ITS INABILITY TO COLLECT RENTS. AGENT SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPOSINLE FOR ANY ACTION UNRESOLVED INVOLVED IN THE COLLECTION OR RENTS AND/OR THE EVICTION OF ANY TENANT AND/OR DAMAGES INCURRED TO PREMISES. All such expenses shall be paid by Owner, reimbursable in the event Agent is unable to collect the rents, legal fees, or damages from tenant.
- If a late charge, judicial fine, penalty, multiple damages, or interest is collected from the tenant, it shall be considered income to the Agent for its additional effort and time.
- Agent shall have full authority to perform or to cause to be performed such maintenance of Property as it is reasonable and necessary for the safety of the tenants and preservation of Property.
- Agent may, at its sole discretion, install fire/smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and/or fire extinguishers on Premises at Owner’s expense.
- Agent may, at its sole discretion, inspect Premises to determine what maintenance needs to be performed to Premises. Owner shall be charged a fee of seventy dollars ($70.00) for said inspection, and the same shall not be performed more than once per year unless otherwise requested by Owner.
- In the event maintenance, repairs, or construction are required to be performed to Premises in excess of six hundred dollars ($600.00), Agent shall be entitled to a fee of ten percent (10%) of said expenditures for the supervision of same per incident.
- Owner expressly grants Agent full power and authority to contract and for all repairs and cleaning costs, not exceeding the amount of three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00), which in its discretion it deems necessary or advisable to maintain, or put Premises in a rentable condition, or to repair the same in the event of damage or destruction to Premises due to fire, windstorm, hail, flood, riot, civil commotion, tenant abuse, or other causes resulting in damage to Premises, all out of the Owner’s funds on hand. Should the estimate or contemplated costs exceed funds on hand, Owner shall promptly remit, upon Agent’s request, the necessary balance.
- In an emergency, as determined in Agent’s discretion, Owner authorizes Agent’s expenditure in excess of the funds on hand (above the $350.00 limit as described in above Paragraph III.D.1.) without prior authorization. Owner shall thereafter promptly remit, upon Agent’s request, the necessary balance.
- Failure of Owner to remit balances in this subparagraph shall result in Agent’s reimbursement therefore from subsequent revenues ordinarily accruing and payable to Owner.
E. INSURANCE COVERAGE: Owner is obligated, at Owner’s expense, to keep the necessary Fire and Extended Coverage and Liability Insurance current and renewed. “Meer & Company, Inc.” shall be shown as additional insured under the liability section only.
F. LIABILITY OF AGENT: It is agreed that Agent shall use reasonable and ordinary care in the selection of tenants and all other acts assigned for performance by this Agreement. When any act is required of Agent, it shall be done in the ordinary course of Agent’s business.
- Owner shall save Agent harmless from all personal injury suits which may arise in connection with the management of the premise, and from any Property Management Agreement (rev. Jan 2016) Page 4 of 6 liability from injuries suffered by any person entering Premises, including any resident manager or other employee.
- Agent shall not be personally liable for any act it may do or omit to do hereunder as Agent while acting in good faith, exercising its best judgment.
- Agent is hereby expressly authorized to comply with and obey any and all process, orders, judgment, or decree of any court; where Agent obeys and complies with any such process, order, judgment, or decree, it shall not be liable to Owner or any person, firm, or corporation by reason of such compliance, notwithstanding subsequent reversal or modification.
- Agent is hereby expressly authorized to comply with any laws, whether now in existence or hereinafter enacted, and whether federal, state, or local, relating to fair housing, rent control, discrimination, and health and welfare. Agent is expressly authorized to comply with the rule or order of any governmental agency, insofar as such order in any manner affects the management of Premises or any duties of the Agent hereunder.
G. ACCOUNTING FOR FUNDS:
- Agent shall furnish Owner a monthly accounting statement showing the receipts and expenditures with respect to Premises, plus Owner’s monthly proceeds, as set forth in Paragraph III.C.
- Agent shall furnish a final accounting upon the termination of Agreement within thirty (30) days from the date of the written request of management termination, except as modified by Paragraph IV.I.
H. SECURITY AND DAMAGE DEPOSITS:
I. ADDRESS OF OWNER: Owner expressly agrees, within twenty (20) days of change, to advise Agent, in writing, of any change of address. Any notice or accounting statement or other document required or desired to be given by Agent to Owner may be given by mailing to the address of Owner shown in the records of the agent; and notice so mailed shall be as effectual as if served upon such party in person at the time of depositing such notice in the mail.
J. TERMINATION: This agreement may be terminated by either party upon thirty (30) days written notice. If so terminated, Owner shall retake possession of Premises, subject to the rights of the tenant rightfully in possession. Owner’s proceeds shall be distributed by Agent thirty (30) days after termination, unless outstanding Agent or third-party obligations remain, in which case distribution shall be accomplished immediately after the last obligation is satisfied.
K. DEFICIT ACCOUNT: In the event of Agent’s termination, should there be any outstanding and unpaid obligations, debts, or charges due Agent, any amounts of account or received by Agent on account or otherwise due Owner shall be applied first to satisfy those obligations and then disbursed to Owner. Owner waives all protest and defenses against Agent for such lawful disbursements. Agent’s lien rights against Premises shall not be waived by this provision.
L. PARTIAL WAIVE OR ACQUIESCENCE NO BAR: Agent’s waiver, forbearance, or acquiescence of any of its rights or remedies, in whole or in part, shall not serve to waive, bar, or compromise any contemporaneous or subsequent right or remedy.
M. ATTORNEY FEES AND COSTS: The unsuccessful party in litigation to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement shall pay the reasonable attorney fees and costs of the successful party.
N. WHOLE AGREEMENT: This writing embodies the entire agreement between the parties and is not based upon ant other representation whatsoever, expressed or implied, except as herein contained. This Agreement cannot be modified in writing by the parties.
V. ADDENDUM: The provisions of the Brokerage Duties Addendum To Property Management Agreement (Landlord Agency), approved by the Colorado Real Estate Commission (No. BDA55-5-09), attached to this Property Management agreement and required to be used by all licensed real estate brokers in Colorado, are incorporated into this reference. In the event that any provisions of the Brokerage Duties Addendum To Property Management Agreement (Landlord Agency) are in conflict with the provisions of this Property Management Agreement, the provisions of the Property Management Agreement shall govern and control.
Areas We Serve